Friday, June 19, 2009

Catch Up

Almost three weeks ago I started the 100 Day Heart Challenge and amazing things have happened.

I started my challenge by completing a 5k (and no, I didn't run it). It was great to have the support of some of my co-workers (Gina and Linda) to keep me excited as I asked "are we there yet?" every few minutes.

The program allows us to meet weekly with a dietician and learn about portion control, balance in foods, reading labels, etc. Although I am not a die-hard calorie counter, I have cut my portion sizes down, changed the types of foods I am eating and best of all I am down to only one Diet Coke a day (coming from a 6+ can a day) that is a BIG accomplishment for me.

We also meet with a personal trainer once a week. Heidi has been awesome to challenge me and really helps me keep a positive attitude about exercising. I have found that exercising 5-6 times a week is actually pretty enjoyable and I can already see the results! I sleep better and my clothes are starting to sag. Hopefully I will be able to wear a smaller size soon.

I have a little bit of ADD and tend to get bored easily so I have really added a variety to my exercise plan. I have really enjoyed water aerobics, raquetball with my son, Zumba class (my favorite), weight lifting and tried a turbo kick class and yoga last night. My husband and boys have been a great support even though I am often gone to the gym after work and do not spend much time at home anymore. The next class I want to try is a spin class (riding a bike that is moving or stationary is not my favorite).

It has been great to read all of the other Heart Challenge member blogs and realizing we all have some of the same challenges and that there are days you loose motivation but get back on the bandwagon the next day.

More to follow....

5 comments:

A girl named Holly... said...

Becky! Way to Go! Your clothes are sagging by the way, and you already need to wear a smaller size:)

You have motivated me to try Zumba, can't wait. Keep up the good work:)

Janet said...

Becky - you're doing great! Keep up the good work - Janet

Deborah and Bryant said...

Becky:

Way to go!!

buster_keaton57 said...

Becky - you do need to lose weight.
Its great to see what you're doing!
You're beautiful - stay that way!
And healthy of course!

Grandma and Grandpa Ludwig said...

Becky,
I have seen your commitment and effort you are putting into this. You are showing great self control and self mastery. I know when you come home from work you are tired, there are a million things to do, but you have been doing a wonderful job sticking to your goals. I am proud of you as always.
Your Mom