Sunday, June 28, 2009

Gone Fishing


Friday morning at 6 a.m. we had a jump rope class. I was not dying with excitement to go since I have not jump roped since elementary school (and that was a few years ago) but wanted to be successful in my life change. Heidi kept the group going and when we weren't jumping, we were doing push ups and sit ups. It was a lot of fun but let me tell you...I was sweating for two hours afterwards.

Saturday morning rolled around way to early and my 7 a.m. turbo kick class turned into a fishing trip to Strawberry instead. It was a good thing because my feet, back and ankles were killing me and I needed a day off. As you can see, we caught dinner that night.

Sunday I spent several hours washing fruits and vegetables and prepping food for this week. I even made some of Monica Sage's apple muffins (highly recommended). Check out her blog for some great recipes. This evening my husband and I took our three dogs for almost a two hour walk. You know the saying that if your dog is fat, the owner probably is too. Let's just say we are all working on it.

Back in April my brother started to help me get in shape by setting up an exercise program. As I look back at my exercise and weight log I realized since April I have lost almost 15 lbs. It is good to see some of the weight come off but more important is the fact that overall I feel better.
Earlier this week I was feeling discouraged that I was not doing enough but my trainer, Heidi, got me back on track and in the mindset I need to be in. I am working on staying positive!
My saying for the week is "I'm adding years to my life and life to my years!"

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Awesome post Becky and great fishing catch! That is great that you have lost that much since April!
We do the same thing on Sunday with fruits and veggies...it's so great to just have them there and ready to go.

Monica said...

Becky, you're doing awesome and I'm so glad you had a chance to get out over the weekend for some real fun. Nice catch!

I'm glad you enjoyed the muffins. I made a batch too and they're easy to have around. I did a nutritional calculation on them and it works out that each one has only 108 calories, 3 g fat, 19 g carb, 3 g fiber & 3 g protein. Not bad for a good and filling muffin.

See you throughout the week. You're doing great!