Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fresh Air




Friday I went hiking at Brighton with my friend, Melanie. The hike was vicious and we hiked to two different lakes. I almost smiled as I was hiking because it made me think of the movie "What About Bob" where he is taking baby steps. The initial hills were torture and when I said I don't know if I can do this she would tell me to take 70 steps and then rest. Those 70 steps made my legs feel like the were on fire. Thanks Melanie for getting me up the hill!! As you can tell from the picture I was so excited that I actually did it.

The scenery was incredible and the weather couldn't have been better.

Afterwards we went and had a healthy lunch at Mimi's Cafe and had a good chat.

I felt so good that when I got home I worked in my yard for almost two hours. I am anxious to go on a few more hiking trips now that I know I can do it!

The next morning (around 2:30 a.m.) I got the stomach flu and it wasn't pretty. So Traci, what I want to know is....do I have to count that food on my food log? :-) I have been sick all weekend so chicken noodle soup, crackers and poweraide have been my friend. I guess in a way it was a blessing in disguise so I didn't have to worry about some of the food challenges I would have getting together with family.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Looks like you had a fabulous day trip and the scenery in the pictures you posted is beautiful. Sorry to hear you were so sick...that's not a good way to lose weight.

Talk with you later.

Michelle said...

Maybe I have what you had. Still feel like crap but I have to show up to work (totally against what we are preaching). So very proud of you for taking that hike!!!